Oil Resistant Matting
Buy Oil Resistant Matting
Oil can be highly corrosive, especially in workplace environments where surfaces come into contact with oil on a regular, prolonged basis. This can lead to many issues; corrosion of materials, loss of productivity, and an increase in slip hazards.
If your business stores any kinds of liquids on premise, then there is a risk of your employees slipping and causing personal injury. The results of such an incident can be catastrophic. Not only can employees cause permanent damage to their health, you as the employer may also be liable for this.
This is where oil resistant matting comes into play. It prevents degradation of flooring material through its increased resistance and durability with regards to oils and greases it may come into contact with in an industrial setting. Many businesses will hold such liquids. From supermarket warehouses to mechanic’s garages, oils and greases are the lifeblood of industry. Oil resistant matting can provide you with peace of mind and your employees with a safe working environment.
Oil resistant matting is one of the most effective ways to ensure that your employees are working on a complete and safe flooring situation. It is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to install a solution to the oil and grease problem found in workplaces. The material this matting is made from makes is oil resistant and repels oil and greases, preventing them from causing lasting damage.
What is Oil Resistant Matting?
Oil resistant matting is exactly what sounds like – ground matting specifically designed to withstand constant contact with industrial oil and grease. Oil resistant matting is manufactured using materials which provide a protective and non-reactive surface with regards to oil and grease. Such matting is commonplace in a variety of different workplaces and can save time and money by preventing degradation of tools and surface while minimising health and safety risks to workers.
Oil Resistant Matting in the Workplace
Given that repairs to workplace matting and damage claims caused by such can be quite expensive, it is easy to see why oil resistant flooring is a great addition to any business. As an employer, you could run afoul of heft lawsuits filed by injured and disgruntled employees. It is for this reason that it is a wise idea to invest in oil resistant matting for your workplace.
There are many industries and types of business that benefit from the implementation of oil resistant. On top of these industries, there are also area specific examples that could benefit from the introduction of oil resistant matting:
- Washing areas. There are areas in many industries, such as hospitality, where a large amount of washing and cleaning takes place. Oils and grease go hand in hand with this kind of situation, and can end up being spread over a work surface. By putting down oil and grease resistant matting, you reduce the hazard cause by such spills.
- Food Processing Areas. This is where oil resistant matting is commonly found as food processing is a messy job and one which is likely to attract unwanted spills on the floor, especially from oil and other substances. There is a greater risk of employee injury in these areas and oil resistant mats are the easiest way to avoid injury.
- Workshop floors. Workshop floors are a prime example of a location where oils and greases are spilled regularly. By putting down oil and grease resistant matting, you ensure that workers are less likely to slip and cause injury in an environment which is already accident prone.
Oil resistant Matting from Exporta
Exporta Global understand the importance of safety in the workplace and we understand that not every business is the same and has the same needs. It is for this reason that we provide a couple of options when it comes to oil flooring. If you are unsure of what would be right for your business, then why not chat to one of our advisors. We are here to help with any questions you may have and can provide some guidance. Our two oil resistant matting options are Safety Scrape Matting and Interflex Duckboard Matting; you can read about these below.
Interflex Duckboard Matting
This duckboard style matting is perfect for medium-duty wet, dry, or oily commercial or industrial environments. This is traditional grid welded PVC duckboard matting which is resistant to oil and grease. The surfaces are oil resistant and the open design allows for easy drainage, ensuring no oil or grease build ups on the matting. This oil resistant matting is available in four colours; red, green, blue and black. They also come in a variety of sizes. It is possible for this type of oil resistant flooring to cover large areas as they can be linked together.
Safety Scrape Matting
Safety Scrape matting as sold by Exporta Global is perfect for heavy industrial or catering applications. It is a 100% nitrile rubber mat which provides excellent oil resistant properties. This type of matting is ideal for heavy, constant use, and can withstand a large amount of wear and tear. If it is required that you also need to remove mould, this can be easily done with Safety Scrape Matting. This oil resistant matting comes in a variety of sizes.
Benefits of Oil Resistant Matting
The benefits that oil resistant matting provide for both employers and employees aline are what makes it such a popular choice across all industries. Oil resistant matting could be the matting product for you for the following reasons.
- They help to reduce the number of accidents in the workplace. Oil resistant matting prevents employee injury as they provide excellent drainage which helps to avoid slip hazards. The surface of these oil resistant mats ensures employee safety at all time.
- The improve the overall health and safety of a workplace. Given that slips and falls are the most common type of injury in the workplace it would be a major mistake to not have an oil resistant mat in place. They are the most cost-effective way to improve the health and safety in the workplace.
- Oil resistant matting is versatile. –Oil resistant mats can be used in wet, dry or oily environments making them hugely versatile. Our Interflex Duckboard Matting can also be cut to size and interconnected to cover large areas.
Other Types of Matting from Exporta
At Exporta Global, we don’t believe in a “one size fits all” attitude towards industrial goods and products. We understand the vast differences between all of our customers and their respective industries, which is why we have a whole range of matting options for businesses to choose from. Therefore, if oil-resistant matting isn’t the right choice for your situation, you can find the correct type of matting from the list below:
- Anti-Fatigue Matting – Excellent for improving productivity and reducing fatigue amongst employees over long periods of standing time.
- Oil-Resistant Matting – Excellent in repelling oil substances and reducing workplace accidents in oil environments.
- Duckboard Matting – Typically used as a method to avoid slip hazards the same as anti-slip matting.
- Entrance Matting – A stylish and functional addition to any business, avoid accidents and brighten up the entrance to any type of business.
Health and safety should be an important factor for every business and matting is a fantastic way to improve the health and safety in your business. Here at Exporta Global, all our matting is designed with health and safety in mind and is manufactured using the highest quality materials to ensure a superior end product. This ensure you get the best possible end product delivered to your businesses working environment.
Get in touch today to find out how matting from Exporta Global could improve your workplace.
Why Choose Exporta Global When Buying Oil Resistant Matting
As a consumer and a business owner, you will be well aware of the importance of quality when selling and purchasing products, goods, or services. At Exporta Global, you can be assured that what you buy is only of the highest quality.
Not only are our oil resistant matting products of superior quality but they are also competitively priced, making them a winner with our customers. If you are wondering if oil resistant matting is right for your business or the other products which may benefit you then get in touch with us today. You can fill out an enquiry form on our website, start a live chat or give us a call to speak to our knowledgeable and helpful staff.
The Market Leaders in Product Movement
Having been in business for over 40 years we have become the market leader in the product handling field. Our extensive knowledge of our products and the industries they are best served in is what has set us apart from our competitors. Not only can we provide your business with high quality anti-slip matting but we could provide many more products suitable for your business. We have over 1,000 products across our website so no matter what your business does, we will have solutions that could improve the productivity and efficiency of your business.
We listen to our customers closely and provide honest advice as opposed to hard sales tactics, this is what makes us a firm favourite with our customers. If you require more information about our anti-slip flooring, are wondering what the best slip resistant mats for your business would be or whether they are the right option for your business then why not chat with us today, we could give you some suggestions on the best products for your business.