Light Duty Cantilever Racking
Light Duty Cantilever Racking
In this section, you will find everything you need for Light Duty Cantilever Racking. Exporta Light Duty Cantilever Racking is ideal for storing long and light loads. We have created a simple, resistant and easy to assemble product that your employees will love using.
We would highly have recommended this product and our customers would too! Light duty cantilever shelving is extremely versatile, it can be used at different heights and for a number of goods due to its adaptability.
What Is Cantilever Racking?
Cantilever is defined as “a beam anchored at one end only”. It has a Simple, high-strength structure. The cantilever rack offers easily-accessible and well-organised storage and safer product handling. All components are usually made of powder-coated sheet steel. Cantilever racking consists of several core elements:
- Uprights: Columns
- Horizontal: Rear Bracing
- Horizontal: Arms
- Base: Bolted and Welded floor fixings
Cantilever racking is mainly used for storage of bulky, oversized, long loads such as timber, plasterboard, steel trusses & piping, PVC carpet. It is one of the best racking systems for storing lightweight beams, profiles, pipes, timber, etc.
Many businesses choose to use Cantilever shelving as it is easy-to-assemble and it can be used for a variation of products and purpose. For some business this is the best option for products that must be stored manually.
Light Duty Cantilever racks are made up of uprights with two horizontal beams at the base to provide stability and series of arms attached to the upright, on which the load is placed. These columns are made of hot-rolled metal beams which can be placed at variable heights.
- Uprights: The vertical beam that supports the arms.
- Base: The uprights connect directly into the base most commonly bolted, this adds stability and support for the uprights to bear the load.
- Arms: There are racking arms which are the horizontal beams that support the load when stored. They can be moved to sit at different angles depending on storage requirements.
- Braces: The Braces connect and support the uprights, this adds strength and rigidity.
- Racking Layouts: As you may know, Cantilever racking comes with the option of single or double sided racking, either back to back forming aisles or placed against a wall.
All components fit together easily. You can find all the information you need about Cantilever racking on the category page. This is just a short description of the cantilever racks that we offer.
Light Duty Cantilever Rack Design
Cantilever racking is made by modular design, the racking can be extended by inserting columns at appropriate widths as necessary, creating large runs. Ideal for storing:
- Timber / Wood
- Steel Sections
- Long Pipes
- Timber Packs
- Scrap Vehicles
- Concrete Lintels
If you are wondering how industrial businesses use light duty cantilever storage then you can read more below.
You will most likely have seen building merchants use cantilever racking. Small sites tend to use light duty cantilever racking and vertical storage as it ensures as much capacity as possible is utilised.
Light Duty and Medium Duty cantilever racking could benefit a timber yard. Did you know that poor storage conditions can degrade the quality of stored timber? This is why it is so important that businesses invest in quality product handling solutions.
Using cantilever racking will help your business to prevent moisture damage, as the racks will allow air flow through stock. Another benefit of this product handling solution is that galvanised racking ensures year round outdoor protection against all weather.
Industrial yards could benefit for light duty cantilever racking as they can add valuable storage space to somewhere which is known to be untidy and in some cases poorly utilised.
You can create a more organised work flow by using product handling solutions and this will give your business greater control over the production processes. In the long term, the investment will pay off as you will see your costs reduce and your work flow speeds increase. In the end, you could see healthier profit margins
Light Duty Cantilever Details
Exporta Light Duty Cantilever Racks are not only space-efficient, they are extremely durable and flexible. A cantilever rack can be used for storing and stocking long, lightweight goods such as plastic pipes, wooden frames and lightweight steel goods.
Light Duty Cantilever Flexible Positioning of Arms
This racking system offers flexible positioning of the arms. Arms add to the safety and storage of the goods.
Light Duty Cantilever End Stoppers
Removable stoppers can be added at the end of each arm to anchor the pipes.
Light Duty Cantilever Base
The base is usually made of strong steel and it is bolted to the upright.
Light Duty Cantilever Bracings
Why should you use bracings? They are designed for maximum resilience. The diagonal and horizontal braces keep the columns together and provide added stability.
Light Duty Cantilever Dividers
You can purchase removable dividers for your racking systems. By doing this you will be able to organise and store multiple items on one level.
What are the advantages of Light Duty Cantilever racking?
There are many benefits of using racking in general. Not only will it make your business more efficient in terms of storage and space, but it is an investment that you will be able to use for years. Below are specific advantages of Exporta Global Cantilever racking.
- Our light duty Cantilever racking systems are relativity easy to install and reconfigure.
- Depending on the size of the load they can store any type of load from pallets to timber.
- They are a great investment for long loads.
- Ranking systems tend to reduce handling time, improving workplace productivity.
- Stock is more accessible when placed on a racking system.
- Additional arms can be added to racking systems, this will allow your business to store stock of all shapes and sizes.
- The powder coating provides a heavy-duty finish for wear resistance.
- You will create a safe, tidy and easily accessible work space for those working with large and bulk items.
- Suitable for interior and external installations
- The length of the arm and the distance between uprights can be adjusted depending on the weight of the load
For many businesses, Cantilever racking systems require considerable investment in capital and planning, that is why we are here to help. Chat to one of our advisors today and they will be able to send you in the right direction of the products that will enhance your business model
When choosing the right product handling materials, you can dramatically improve warehouse productivity and handling times while increasing storage capacity.
Buy Light Duty Cantilever Racks
You can purchase Cantilever racking online now. Exporta Global can help your company to maximise storage capacity, accessibility and presentation of large items. Your business will see high returns on investment through increased productivity and easier stock management.