Buy Ratchet Straps
When it comes to Ratchet Straps, we at Exporta Global have everything covered. From dozens of product types to answering your questions about best uses, we know everything there is to know about Ratchet Straps. Exporta have been specialists in the handling industry for over 4 decades and continue to grow and satisfy customers around Europe. Our aim is to provide you with the highest quality product types while making sure the service you receive is the best in the business. If it’s a question about the product or a bulk order you need to place, we’ve got you covered and are here to help.
We have a product range of Ratchet Straps which is extensive and we are confident we can find the product for you, regardless of the job. We are able to deliver the straps the very next day. We offer this service to our customers all year round and pride ourselves on doing so. All you have to do is let us know what you need and we will have you on the right track in minutes. We know that handling solutions can be confusing, especially if you haven’t had experience of knowing what you need.
We are here to help and are happy to make sure you get the product that will best suit your requirements. Our product range of Ratchet Straps includes 13 different product types, all ranging in size and strength. Have a look at what you need and don’t hesitate to ask us if you are unsure of anything along the way, here at Exporta Global, we are here to help.
What are Ratchet Straps?
To know exactly what it is you need, we at Exporta think it’s best to tell you exactly what each of our products is and what they are commonly used for. We can provide you with expert advice on any handling, transport and storage solution and Ratchet Straps are no different. Ratchet Straps are sometimes referred to as Tie-down Straps, Tie-downs or Lashing Straps. Their main use is to hold down cargo or equipment during transport. They act as external webbing that straps down goods to avoid shifting during transportation. They can be used to tie down goods at several points to add further security to the items. The straps can then be adjusted, either loosened or tightened by using the ratchet.
The two most common types of Ratchet Straps are loop straps and two piece straps. Loops straps are a single piece of webbing which loops round the goods using two endpoints. They can be fastened or loosened to suit.
The other type is the two piece straps which are a single assembly which is constructed out of two separate pieces of webbing. Two-piece tie down straps is a single assembly that is constructed out of two separate pieces of webbing each with their own hardware that is fastened at one end to the area surrounding the equipment to be protected and connect to each other.
What Types of Ratchet Straps do Exporta offer?
Ratchet Straps from Exporta come in a variety of sizes and break strengths. Our Ratchet Straps go from 1000KG up to 5000KG break strength. Our Ratchet Straps can also range from 25mm wide to 50mm wide and up to 12 metres in length.
Quick and easy, they require no equipment for application. Come complete with claw hook and can have your own brand applied to them. Our Ratchet Straps have the option of coming branded with your own brand mark adding to the quality of your brand image and strengthening your brand awareness. The list of Ratchet Straps which we offer include;
- Ratchet Straps 25mm x 5m break strength 1000kg - £3.25
- Ratchet Straps 50mm x 3m break strength 2000kg - £4.62
- Ratchet Straps 25mm x 8m break strength 1500kg - £4.75
- Ratchet Straps 35mm x 6m break strength 2000kg - £5.82
- Ratchet Straps 50mm x 7m break strength 2000kg - £6.23
- Ratchet Straps 50mm x 4m break strength 5000kg - £9.29
- Ratchet Straps 50mm x 6m break strength 4000kg – £11.14
- Ratchet Straps 50mm x 8m break strength 4000kg - £12.54
- Ratchet Straps 50mm x 8m break strength 5000kg - £13.45
- Ratchet Straps 50mm x 10m break strength 4000kg - £13.95
- Ratchet Straps 50mm x 10m break strength 5000kg - £15.26
- Ratchet Straps 50mm x 12m break strength 4000kg - £18.64
- Ratchet Straps 50mm x 12m break strength 5000kg - £20.36
The Ratchet Straps which we provide come in the colour blue and can be used to advertise your brand. If brand printed Ratchet Straps is something that would interest you, get in touch and we will talk you through your options.
How to Use and Assemble a Ratchet Strap
If you are unsure as to assemble or use your recently purchased Ratchet Strap then don’t worry, we have guide below to help you through the process. It is relatively straight forward and before you know it you will have mastered the Ratchet Strap. Follow the instructions below;
- Open the ratchet handle and align the ratchet axle so the open slot is pointing up. To do this, Ratchet the axle until the open slot is aligned.
- Close the ratchet so the axle assembly is easily accessible.
- Lead the webbing from underneath the ratchet, through the axle, and out the other side.
- To tighten your ratchet strap, place the hooks into position and pull the loose end of the strap away from the ratchet to remove any slack. Then raise and lower the ratchet handle assembly, and the strap will wrap around the axle and tighten. When the strap is taut, close the ratchet handle completely to lock the strap in place. Be careful not to over tighten as it may cause damage.
- To release your ratchet strap, pull and hold the release handle while you completely open the ratchet. The strap will pop loose, and now you can pull the ratchet to loosen the strap.
- When using Ratchet Straps, select the most appropriate product for the job. If you are unsure get in touch with us and we will offer our expertise. When choosing a Ratchet Strap, note the Break Strength and the Working Load Limit to make sure you choose the right item.
- During the manufacturing of the Ratchet Strap, the break strength is determined through testing which results in the amount of weight which can be held before problems occur. The work load limit is determined by taking a 3rd of the break strength of the weakest component. An assembly should not be used for applications when it exceeds the working load limit.
Tips for Maintaining Your Ratchet Straps
To properly maintain your Ratchet Straps, we have provided you with a guide to the best ways to care for your goods. Through proper care, a well-made strap should last thousands of uses and with Exporta, we are confident that they will last you as long as you need them. At Exporta, we suggest the following tips which will maintain the strength and performance of your Ratchet Strap.
- Before using any Ratchet Strap, always inspect the webbing and ratchet handle assembly to make sure they are free of damage.
- Keep your Ratchet Straps out of the sun during storage. Over time, ultraviolet light can make nylon and polyester fibres brittle, causing them to discolour, break down, and potentially lose strength.
- If your Ratchet Strap gets wet or damp during use, allow it to dry thoroughly before storing it away to prevent damage.
- Remove the strap’s webbing from the ratchet handle assembly between uses to prevent the strap from wrapping around the ratchet spindle or bunching up within the teeth of the ratchet.
- After each use, wrap the cargo tie-down webbing around the ratchet and secure it with a rubber band or Velcro strap. Even better, keep all of your ratchet straps stored safely together in a carrying bag.
- Apply lubricating oil every so often such as dry silicone spray or WD-40 to the moving parts of the ratchet handle assembly will maintain the performance of your Straps.
- Regularly inspect the Straps after each use. Look for frayed fibres where a sharp edge may have come into contact with the strap. If any damage has occurred, you may want to replace the Straps to make sure your load is not damaged because of the weakness.
Why Purchase your Ratchet Straps from Exporta Global?
There are many reasons why you would want to purchase your Ratchet Straps through Exporta Global. Whether it’s our unrivalled customer service, process, product range or anything else, purchasing from Exporta is a step in the right direction.
We have been specialising in the handling solutions industry for over 40 years and have grown to one of the most reputable companies in the field. If its handling solutions, we have you covered. From Containers to Pallets, from Dunnage Bags to Pallet Collars, we have it all and have the products that suit almost any job. These products are used in transport, handling and storage and can are reliable as they come, with most of our products lasting thousands of uses. Our prices are competitive which means that if you want to order a single product or in bulk, we will have you saving money in comparison to overly priced alternatives.
Have a look at our product range and find one that matches your needs and will get the job done.